The Shark's Tank

Saturday, May 13, 2006

That Place Between Sleep and Awake

Today I finished my PFE. An entire semester of work came to an end. I think things turned out well. My temporary grade is 17/20, but that is not certain. I hope it doesn't change much. The day got better as it went along. I borrowed The Da Vinci Code from Sandra and picked up Season 3 of 24 from the library at ENSAM. I'm pretty set as far as entertainment is concerned. But the really odd thing about today is that everyone is leaving tomorrow. Everyone will pack up their belongings and head all over the country for the summer. Yes, there will be some people here. Yes, we will have fun. But the group as a whole has grown so close over the last few months. It will be different without them here.

Sitting here typing this it is late, nearly 2:30 am. The whole day has been surreal. Finishing up projects, last trips to buy kabobs, and one more dinnertable discussion. So much has happened that you should know about, but I haven't had time to write until now. I will start tomorrow, once everyone leaves. There are tales of swimming pools, PFE's, and The Wizard of Oz. Oh, there are many tales to be told. But the best ones are not real. They happen in that place between sleep and awake. That place were all I want to do is be a boy and never grow up. And fly. But for now I'll go to bed listening to the rain, the first good storm of the year, and thinking of that last dinnertable conversation... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home