The Shark's Tank

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Still Standing

So I guess I should have been a little clearer in my last post. There was some confusion about what I was saying, so I'll clear it up here. About a week ago I mentioned how amazing it was meeting and befriending all these other students here with me in France. I also alluded to The Prydain Chronicles, which is a series of books about Taran and his adventures. I love these books, and I can relate to them very well for the most part. However, if you have never read them, the allusion probably wasn't fully understood. I was vague because I didn't want to spoil the ending for anyone who might not have read the books yet. Anyway, the books focus on Taran struggling to learn that there is honor to be found in being an Assistant Pig Keeper. In the end, his role is crucial, but it is not the one of a Hero.

The reason I brought this up was because I can identify with him, rather than the other, more lordly charachters in the book. Toward the end, he looks around and realizes what a priviledge it was simply to befriend the heroes around him. He is amazed at their courage and steadfastness. He does not regret his own position, but rather is awed that he got to play a part in the greater story at all. That is where the comparison lies, in being honored just to have known the Heroes.

That was really the goal of my last post: to verbalize (or whatever you'd call it here: blogalize maybe?) those feelings. I don't feel unimportant or useless, just different. I'm not complaining or throwing a pity party for myself, either. My whole intention was to make everyone who reads this go "wow, those are some pretty incredible people over there." Alright, all together on 3:

1...2...3..."Wow, those are some amazing people over there!"

Great job! That's all for now. More updates later.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:09 AM , Blogger Jimmy said...

    Hey, David!. Just surfing around tonight and thought I'd stop by to say howdy. Do good and enjoy yourself, my friend.
    Jimmy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home